Tuesday 5 October 2010

Cake Sale...

This weekend was all about cakes! On Saturday I went to work, which is at a cake shop whilst my mum slaved away in the kitchen at home making around 200 cakes to sell the next day. My Dad co-organises a Bus rally in Swanage where lots of people who like old buses and the general public and so on can have a look around and go on the trips etc- not something I'm particularly interested in myself, but it provided me with a great opportunity for fundraising! Anyway, so we went along in the morning and the weather was horrendous- really wet and windy and we were trying to set up this cake sale outside and it was awful because everything was blowing everywhere and getting ridiculously wet! Then a very kind man offered if we would like to sell the cakes from the bus where they were also selling programmes for the day- so we said yes please! Once in the dry and putting all the cakes still in their tins, in the luggage bit of the bus, we started to sell them. Possibly one of the strangest things I've ever done for fundraising money so far but it worked really well! We had messages put out on the loudspeaker all day and a huge thanks to Dave who promoted the cake sale extremely well. In the afternoon I was able to go outside for an hour or so and sell the cakes as the sun finally came out! Lots of thank you's to those who came and bought cakes and who took such an interest in what I was raising money for. It just shows you how many caring and positive people there are out there!




After a whole day of selling cakes we still had some left so I decided that I would try to sell the rest at school on Monday break. Within twenty minutes everything was gone, a huge thank you to everyone that came and supported me- I really appreciate it! Over the two days I made a total of £72.50 which was really pleasing! A BIG thanks to my Mum who made all the cakes, I couldn't have done it without you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment